- Method 2. How to insert a signature in the Word document
- Make a signature in Microsoft Word 2010
- There is a second option to make a signature in Word 2010
- Single case: string sight
- Insert into a document
For the first time in many years I had to use a digital signature in my Word text work. If it were not for an urgent need, I would never know about the availability of such an opportunity. Microsoft Word I have been using it for about 10 years and have never come across EDS (electronic digital signature). I had to go through all the options of the document. After 15 minutes of searching, I found a function to make a signature in Word. Now I will share with you.
You can digitally sign in Word anywhere in the document. To do this, you need to activate the necessary zone with the mouse cursor, and then proceed to perform the actions indicated by me.
Method 2. How to insert a signature in the Word document
More clearly this process is shown in this video:
Make a signature in Microsoft Word 2010
- Now as for Microsoft Office
- Select the option "File", then click on "Details".
- Mark the tab "Add a digital signature."
- After that, you need to select a signing certificate and confirm your choice.
- Everything, the signature will appear on the document Word 2010.
There is a second option to make a signature in Word 2010
- Go to the tab "Insert", then in the shortcut bar, select the icon "Microsoft Office Signature String".
- After that, the signature settings window will open. You must enter your initials, position and address Email .
- Next, click "Ok" and the EDS appears on the document.
You can see this process in detail in this video.
Signing files using digital signatures has become commonplace for entrepreneurs. But still, many newcomers have a question about how to sign a Vord document of EDS. Most often, when we have to work with EDS, we encounter MS Office. But first it’s worth figuring out what this element is in computer documents.
This concept includes a virtual object with which you can identify the author who created it. Accordingly, it helps to ensure the authenticity and integrity of the digital file. Depending on what EDS you are using, with this modern means of protecting authorship you will also be able to track subsequent changes in the content of the report. That is why you should know how to make an electronic signature in the Word.
Before you figure out how to sign EDS Word document It is worth to start to create it. After that, create a signature line, and only after that - the signature itself will appear.
Depending on what software you use, the process of signing a Word file may have some differences, but the essence will remain the same. Consider the procedure recommended for the 2007 version of the program.
To add the necessary line in Microsoft Office, you need:
- Move the cursor so that it is in the place where you want to insert a line containing your computer autograph.
- Open the "Insert" window and click on the "Text" group. After that, the cursor is positioned next to the “Signature line” menu column. Select and click on the “Microsoft Word Signature String”.
- After that, you will need to make settings in the window that opens, that is, specify information about the person who signs the file.
- If necessary, you may need to create another line to indicate an additional signature (in this case, follow the above points).
Single case: string sight
To sign a line, you will need to select the digital signature line itself. To implement such an action, how to sign electronic document EDS, you should open the "Signature" window and take any of the following actions:
- Select the desired name next to X.
- Also, when you click the “Select picture” function, you can apply an image of your EDS.
- Provided that you are using a tablet computer, you will have the opportunity to add handwritten signing.
- If you have a special software for digital signatures, you can simply click on the “Sign” button.
- If you are wondering how you can still electronically sign a Word document, you should be aware of another option. You can become the creator of an invisible signature that will not be displayed. But, if you open the line "Signature", which is located at the bottom of the screen on the status bar, it will be displayed.
In addition to information about how to sign in an electronic document, you need to know about specially developed software, whose task is to control digital-type certificates and the implementation of crypto-operations. Such software can facilitate the process of signing files with a digital stroke. The advantage of this program is that it can be used to sign files of various formats, as well as archives or file packages. Using it is also possible to affix reinforced and additional EDS.
Electronic document management came into conflict with the principle that a contract or other important piece of text should be verified by a legible and unambiguously identifiable autograph. For a long time there was no solution to this problem. Gradually, EDS technology, electronic digital signature, has become popular and even necessary in some areas. And although not all ordinary users know and use it, Microsoft has embedded support for this technology in its document-processing applications.
Official documents must be autographed
In addition to the ratification of contracts, EDS is also used as a tool for authenticating letters in e-mail, macros, etc. The verification mechanism is implemented through encryption technologies with a private key, which adds security and crypto-resistance points. Its use guarantees an unambiguous identification of the person who used it. Also “sealed” the resulting file, because you can not make changes to the text without re-signing. And "unrepeableness." The meaning of the latter is that the author of the document could not disown being involved in it. This is important in a corporate (and not only) environment.
Insert into a document
You can verify the contents of your EDS document if it is not overdue and its certificate or owner is not compromised. Then there is no obstacle to using this tool. Office applications that support this technology, which is Word and Excel, check the inserted signature for all of these features. Only with a positive result can they verify text file with her help. Such a check serves as proof of the validity of the autograph, not only for the author of the document, but also for the one to whom it is intended. The principle of mutual security and made this technology claimed.
Before you insert a digital signature in Word, make sure that it meets all the stated requirements. To insert a special area to insert a digital signature, open the document in Word, place the cursor in the right place and go to the "Insert" tab in the Settings ribbon. There you need the “Text” group, there will just be a “Signature string” button in it. By clicking on it, you will open a drop-down menu in which you should select the “Microsoft Office Signature String”. In the place where the cursor was placed, the region will be inserted. At the same time, a setup dialog will appear on the screen in which you can enter the name of a person if necessary. This person must verify the text file, title and email address. Also, if you have any comments or instructions for the signer, they should be entered in the “Instructions” field in the same dialog. The moment he clicks on the caption line, your comments will appear in a pop-up window. This is very convenient when you do not want to bring down the formatting in the document, typing additional text into it, or making another file or note with explanations. If you need the signer to leave you the answer to them, in the same dialog box, check the box with the appropriate permission. At that moment, as he will insert an autograph into the document, the Word will give him the opportunity to write his own next to your comment. In this way, Microsoft is expanding the capabilities of its word processor for batch processing of files.
All in the same window, you can add a date, it will be displayed in the signature line. If there should be several such areas, then it will be necessary to repeat this procedure as many times as necessary, each time filling in the necessary fields, if necessary.
Now come to this issue from the signer. To insert your EDS in the signature area, open the document and click on it with the left mouse button. This click will highlight the line and give you an autograph input field. Now you can either type your name in order to insert a printed version of the EDS, or specify in the selection dialog an autographed picture on the hard disk. Both the one and the other will start the verification process for the specified signature, as we mentioned at the beginning of the article, and with a positive result, a confirmation button will appear directly in the Word window. By clicking on it, you sign the document. For tablet owners there is another option. Using the advantages of the touch screen, put an electronic signature, as they used to, with a stroke of a pen, only in this case it will be replaced by a stylus. However, it should be borne in mind that the painting in this case should not differ from the one you indicated during registration, which can be difficult. The modern technology of fingerprint authorization is also gradually beginning to be used in the EDS mechanism, but Word has not yet received the corresponding update.